As the summer draws to a close- at least for most of us (sorry college kids if you got the short end of the stick and had to go back before Labor Day–we’ve all been there.. But hey long weekend?!) everyone else is officially celebrating the last days of summer.
As much as I love rooftop movies, music festivals, days spent by the pool, summer fridays, and all things summer, the one major buzzkill summer brings in breakouts and beauty disasters. So, although Summer is technically over- at least calendar wise, summer weather and all things summer don’t officially really start winding down until October 30th (daylight savings)- so until the sweaters and pumpkin spice lattes are officially in full swing- squeeze out the rest of the summer weather and check out these foolproof beauty fixes to keep your summer sweat induced breakouts, frizz and your tan at bay.
- Dirty Lemon- Dirty Lemon?! Yes you read that correctly. You know what they say when life gives you lemons, make lemonade. And no, we’re not talking about Beyonce’s Lemonade.. This brand specializes in an entire line of charcoal lemonade (detox, energy, skin & hair, and sleep). Not sure about that last one- but as an avid charcoal lemonade drinker, and tough critic, I was surprised to instantly fall for this trendy detox drink. I found it the perfect balance of sweet and refreshing (props for only containing 1 gram of sugar and 10 calories per bottle too!) It also contains no added sugars, Dandelion Root, Ginger Root and Activated Charcoal. The label touts promises to support liver and kidney function but it also serves as a healthy summer essential for post hangover nights/weekends away and as a natural detox to set the tone for a successful week.
- Cocoil- While I was hesitant at first to slather my skin head to toe in overly oily coconut oil (the same kind I cook with and occasionally use for a hair mask), this unique blend of organic oils from Australian brand, Cocoil was plesasingly hydrating and nourishing during and after a day in the sun and for preserving a well earned tan.
- Rosewater- this rosewater by Mario Badescu is an absolute essential on my list because it’s refreshing, helps add some life back to your makeup midday and also smells amazing
- Le Roche Posay- I love to get some vitamin D in the summer but no one wants a sunburn, least of all me. My favorite sunscreen that keeps my skin protected and breakout free is Le Roche Posay which I can grab at CVS before I hit the beach (score!) They have so many varieties to choose from included tinted moisturizer sunscreens, sunscreen+primers and sunscreen serums (my fave) so I can fight the sun and still give my skin some antioxidants.
- Face mask- oily skin because of summer sweatiness and wearing hats screams out
- PawPaw ointment made from fermented Papayas helps keep lips moisturized and also can double as a low-key eyeshadow primer. Your world is your oyster with this one so feel free to get creative on ways to moisturize your skin with this secret weapon.
- AfterBite– is your best friend after a bug ridden beach day, hike or camping trip that leaves you itchy and irritated.
- Lip Stain- for adding a pop of color without the weighted down, waxy feeling of lipstick. Because, no one wants that in the summer. This rollerball applicator lip stain from Milk is an unexpected new favorite of mine that is hydrating, has long lasting natural color pigments and contains vitamin E that leaves lips feeling moisturized. While I’m normally not a fan of lip stains because they end up looking like paint, this one dares to be different.
- Sunbum Natural Browning Lotion made from certified organic coconut and argan oils aloe vera and kona coffee, this lotion is both vegan and gluten free and doesn’t contain harmful/ questionable chemicals but still keeps to achieve a deep, dark tan by cutting tanning time down and activating the skin to help get desired color faster.
- Get the perfect “surf hair” tousled/beachy waves thing going on with this guy. I have naturally curly hair anyway but that doesn’t stop me from using this during the summer to give my hair the perfect beach hair.